Personal Story Submissions
Want to share your story through Project You? We are looking for personal stories from teens facing social injustice. If you are between the ages 13 to 19 y/o feel free to submit to us! Follow the submission details down below and make sure to submit original work only!
- We accept submissions from only ages 13-19
- We only accept original work (we don’t accept pieces that have already been published elsewhere)
- Profanity is not allowed
- Work should be at least 500 words and at max 1000 words
- We don’t accept articles that require citations. There are plenty of resources on the internet that have credible articles filled with resources. Our focus is sharing an experience you faced first hand
We accept stories written on the following topics
- Racial Equality
- Climate Reform
- Healthcare Equity
- Education System (ex: college admissions, issues in k-12 education)
- Poverty and Economic Injustice
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Gender Equality
- If you have a story that does not directly fall under one of these categories check other on the form
If we do not get back to you within two months email us at email@example.com with “2+ Submission” as the subject line. Please note that by submitting your piece we remain the right to edit and publish your work.
Prompt Response Submissions
Check our instagram (@projectyouorganization) story for prompts regarding social justice issues. By submitting your response you are getting the chance to have your voice heard from teens around the world. We may share your responses in our “Perspective Articles” and on our instagram!
- Must be 100 words or less
- We accept submissions from ages 13-19
Do you have a question that you want answered by other teens? Suggest a writing prompt down below!